Re: Removal of IETF patent disclosures?

On 2008-08-14 19:25, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> If removals should be permitted, the reasons for accepting a removal
> request should be well established.  I can think of at least two reasons
> that are valid:
>
> * Exact duplicates
> * Spam
>
> Beyond this I'm less sure we can get away the liability concern.
>
> False positives for spam could be a issue, so I'm not even sure the
> second one is OK.

Well, here's a quote from #644, which I had removed:

"is ipv6 the ultimate version of the internet protocol now?
is possible send segments of 256 bytes in the ipv6 protocol?
support microsoft corporation the ipv6 protocol in the microsofts private
networks?
the code of ipv6 is a"

It wasn't spam; it was just drivel. There were others of the same nature,
#555, #577, #578 and possibly others; I don't have full records. But I assure
you that since these removals were all manual, there were no false
positives. I don't think that's a real risk.

    Brian