Re: Proposed Revisions to IETF Trust Administrative Procedures

On 2008-04-11 23:40, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> I too like Ted's comments.
>
> If the job is really to preside over the Trust meetings, the title
> "convener" might be useful; if the job is to make sure Trust work gets
> followed up, call it an "executive director".
>
> But I can live with the current proposal (although dropping #12 entirely
> would make absolutely no difference, and make the document shorter).

I hope we all agree that the job of chairing the meetings of the
Trust (and some consequent involvement in preparing the agenda
and ensuring that decisions are followed up) is not a role that
should lead to public speaking engagements or extensive press
interviews. But I really don't see another name for the job that
makes sense. I think convening the meetings and executing decisions
of the Trust is clearly IAD work.

   Brian