Re: Possible RFC 3683 PR-action

--On Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:09 AM +0200 Harald Tveit
Alvestrand <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> For instance, I claim that the person mentioned in section 10
>> of RFC 5242 may be actually the same person who is the target
>> of a PR-action, with just a small modification of his name.
>> If this is true, he cannot post on IETF mailing lists and
>> should be banned of "Acknowledgments" sections as well!
> No, this needs an RFC 3683 update - the RFC mentions
> acknowledgements  only in the title of its acknowledgements
> section; steps need to be  taken at once to rectify this
> severely overlooked issue.
>
> We can't have people mounting denial of service attacks
> against the IETF  by being mentioned in acknowledgements
> section - that would be Just Too  Impolite!

Of course, this would contradict the requirements of various
other documents that the acknowledgements contain a full
description of everyone who contributed substantively.  So those
documents would all need to be updated to make appropriate
exceptions.

   john