RE: Possible RFC 3683 PR-action

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 08:45:19AM -0700, Christian Huitema wrote a message which included:

>using pseudonyms is a form of free speech

I am not familiar with the specifics of this case but in the internet world pseudonyms is very common.
I agree that in a standard setting body hiding identities isn't a good practice and I would recommend to that the WG chair or the IESG Area Director will have the authority to ask for the identity of a member. We don't have to invoke that but it could be an addition to RFC 3683.

Tamir Melamed