Nomcom liaison duties

Stewart Bryant wrote:
> Isn't one of the roles of the liaisons to ensure that due process is
> followed to the extent required by the body they represent, and to give
> advanced notice when the choice of candidate is likely to be
> unacceptable to their body?

Hmmm.

RFC 3777, Section 4. #7 certainly does seem to say yes to your question.

I wonder how familiar folks -- including liaisons -- are with the explicit list
of their duties.

For the last Nomcom I was on (before 3777) they acted exactly like regular
members except for the formal votes. They participated in interviews and were
full participants (advocates) in the committee decision debates.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking