Re: Thoughts on the nomcom process

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
> You did something very GOOD this time - you invoked the never-before-invoked
> arbitration process, instead of secretly resolving an "irresistable force
> meets immovable object" dispute. Please accept credit for this good
> judgement, especially if you are assigning blame to yourself.

+1

Dispute does not have to mean nastiness; for any interesting human
collaboration, some dispute is inevitable.

Everything I have heard about how this resolution process went indicates that it
was handled diligently and constructively.  Independent of one's opinion of
Scott's decision, it is clear that this matter got serious and deep thought,
with real concern for longer-term implications.

That's as much as anyone can reasonably ask for.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking