Re: IPv6 NAT?

Dan York wrote :
I.e., either we assume no NAT in IPv6, or create a NAT standard. Those
are the only sane options.
Somehow it can be both, but NOT at the same time :

In the IPv6-only world, to be reached at the end of the transition period, NATs should IMO be prohibited.
- IPv6 firewalls should take care of all the security issues.
- They should not interfere with end-to-end significance of IPv6 addresses and port numbers.

NATs will be needed during the (long) transition period, including some NATs dealing with both IPv6 and IPv4.
Their standardization is desirable at least for:
- IPv4-only client hosts in sites that have only IPv6 prefixes (i.e. clients with private IPv4 addresses in sites without IPv4 addresses).
- IPv6-only hosts that reach IPv4-only servers (clients without IPv4 addresses reaching servers without IPv6 adresses).

Regards.

Rémi