Re: Hallam-Baker's First Law of Internet Lawyering Was: The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

Title: Re: The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard
Phillip -

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:51 AM
Subject: Hallam-Baker's First Law of Internet Lawyering Was: The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

Well I found it somewhat interesting that despite the fact that I was the only person to co-author a submission to the IPR working group with an actual lawyer I still received comments of the 'amateur lawyering kind' from folk who were not lawyers and whose legalistic opinions had been flat contradicted by those who are.

 it is funny since Michael Baum used to refer to you as his IP law resource :-)

So without more ado:

First Law of Internet Lawyering: Anyone who accuses another of being insufficiently qualified to state a legal opinion will in the same thread state a legal opinion that they are not qualified to make.

Second Law of Internet Lawyering: Both opinions will be wrong

Third Law of Internet Lawyering: It won't matter.