Re: Anyone else having trouble reaching tools.ietf.org?

    I had been on there during the holiday yesterday from home, and
just checked now from work.  No problems from either place, Dan.

On Dec 26, 2007 3:25 PM, Dan York <dyork@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble reaching http://tools.ietf.org ? Over the past
> few weeks I've found that I'm often unable to reach the server at
> tools.ietf.org.  I'll click on the URL for an Internet-Draft, for instance,
> and in a minute or two I get back the good old Firefox "Server not found"
> error.  I try to ping the server and all packets are lost.  When I do a dig,
> I get this:
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> tools.ietf.org
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;tools.ietf.org.                        IN      A
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> tools.ietf.org.         14391   IN      A       194.146.105.14
> tools.ietf.org.         14391   IN      A       192.36.157.99
>
> I've tried connecting to both IP addresses via ping and also HTTP and get
> nothing.
>
> Sometimes when this happens I wait a few minutes and hit the refresh/reload
> button and the page comes in.  Other times I'll try a number of times and
> then just give up and go on to something else.
>
> Is there a transition issue that is perhaps affecting this?  It's been the
> past few weeks since coming back from IETF 70 that I've noticed this
> happening intermittently.  I'm able to get to the main http://www.ietf.org/
> site perfectly fine and also to other random web sites so it does not appear
> to be a connectivity issue on my end.
>
> Any suggestions or information would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
> Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     dyork@xxxxxxxxx
> Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
> Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com
>
> Bring your web applications to the phone.
> Find out how at http://evolution.voxeo.com

Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]
[They're Hidden From View!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.