Re: IETF interoperability testing

Hi -

I recall ones for SNMPv2 (various flavors), AgentX, and SNMPv3.  One might
quibble about whether they were organized by the working group, or whether
it was just a mighty coincidence that people from companies with employees
who attended these working groups hashed out mutual NDAs and held bake-offs
to verify that their implementations could interoperate, as well as experiments
over the open Internet.

> but I hope my misunderstanding doesn't distract us from seeking to make this
> one succeed or, at least, making it a meaningful "experiment" rather than one
> pretty much guaranteed to fail...

Sometimes the result of an experiment is a demonstration that something
doesn't always work, which can help prove that a theory is incorrect.

> d/
>
> ps.  it has even occurred to me that the hidden agenda here is to demonstrate
> to the IETF just how poor Internet-wide support of v6 is...

Hidden?

Randy