Retention policy for list's and the processes which show the lists integrity

Question for the two lists -

Since many of the IETF's operations are physically located in the US those laws constrain the operations of the IETF pretty much... So let me ask this, Since the new Digital Evidence requirements in the US now mandate a much stronger set of management processes, how do these effect the IETF's mailing lists and how are the content of them protected? I was perusing the operating document's and couldn't find anything about these newly emerged needs in anything we have done before so I thought that it would be fun to toss this out

Is there any guidance to the List Operator's about their responsibilities and potentially their liabilities for failing to meet these requirement's? For instance, if a company in the US were to operate an IETF mailing list from one of their internal servers' it would be subject to their normal retention policies one would think. Since it *(the actions of the IETF) pertain to the development of IP, one would want to maintain the full record or all actions and processes for at least seven years one would think. Also there is a key requirement for the data integrity of the management of those records both here and in the EU.

Also how would this be audited? 'cause that is also necessary.

Kinda scary but seems like running mailing lists in the IETF just got more expensive. Todd Glassey