Re: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

Russ,

IETF Chair wrote:

While we figure out what policy we want, I have asked the RFC Editor to
not publish any IESG approved documents until their appeal timer has
expired.  I also challenged the RFC Editor to move things along so fast
that this matters.  I suspect they can.  Which means that the whole IETF
community needs to help the leadership figure out the appropriate policy
before the rapid processing of Internet-Draft documents into RFCs becomes
the norm.
I would like to ask a clarifying question: does this mean that RFC editors are not going to start editing the document until after 2 months since approval of a document, or does it mean that RFC editors start editing right away, can issue AUTH48 request, but will delay publication until after 2 months?

I think the latter is better, because (a) appeals are not that frequent and (b) AUTH48 usually takes way longer than 2 days ;-).

Regards,
Alexey

P.S. I apologize in advance for asking the question before reading the whole thread. Maybe it was already asked.