Re: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

In any case, I would much rather have seen that published and later
declared Historic than hold up all other RFCs. It isn't as if the
IETF can control what actually gets implemented and deployed
in any case - so why on earth does it *matter*? Whereas getting
the vast majority of RFCs published promptly *does* matter.

I agree. I don't think there should be any additional delay in RFC publication. It takes long enough as is.

Unless we hold them up till any possible patent expires (e.g., 17+ years).....

Bob