Re: IETF Hosting Opportunity - March 2009

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Lars Eggert wrote:

Hi,

On 2007-11-27, at 22:20, ext Terry Monroe wrote:

The event is now planned to take place in North America, specific location
still to be determined.

Similar to IETF-67, which moved from Europe to San Diego, we're again moving a meeting that was planned to happen in Europe to North America.

Looking at IETF-60 to IETF-70, 8 out of the 10 IETFs were in North America. I'd be good if we could re-balance this in the future.

+1.

Maybe I should elaborate. In several WG where I am active at least half of participants are from Europe or Asia. Not all of them are working for companies that can sponsor them to go to IETF meetings or at least many employers are reluctant to send people to IETF meetings happening across the ocean (no doubts, this works the same way for North American). So having IETF meetings in Paris and Prague was very useful to get such people more involved.