Re: e2e

Keith Moore wrote:
I have no problem breaking bounce/redirect. Yes, it has its uses, but
so do open relays, which we don't have anymore. The current levels of
mail abuse means that it's necessary to throw away a little baby with
the bathwater to keep the toxic waste out of the bath.
sorry, this is a nonstarter.  being able to set a forwarding address is
extremely important, and breaking Sender is indefensible.  (Sender is
useless unless it preserves the original identity of who or what sent
the message.)

Yet, mangling forwarders which break signatures -- like this list -- are
indistinguishable from every day forgery. I agree that destroying
mailing list functionality is unacceptable, but we shouldn't kid ourselves
that there aren't unintended consequences from the original everybody-
trusts-each-other-group-hug assumptions present in the design.

      Mike