Re: IPv6 transition technologies

--On Sunday, 01 July, 2007 10:49 -0700 Paul Hoffman
<paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 1:56 AM +0900 7/2/07, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
>>  > NAT-PT really needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.
>>  > It provides all of the disadvantages of IPv4+NAT with all
>>>  of the transition costs of IPv6.  If there is ever any
>>>  significant penetration of NAT-PT, then the pseudo-IPv6
>>>  network will not be able to support any more kinds of
>>>  applications than the NATted IPv4 does today.
>>
>>	i tend to agree, but in rfc-index.txt i could not find the
>>	change of state to "Historic".  what happend to very similar
>>	(and much more evil IMHO) transition technology, SIIT?
>
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/?search_filename=draft
> -ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic> indicates that the document
> making NAT-PT is in the RFC Editor's queue.

I wasn't aware that the RFC Editor couldn't simply move a
document to historic in the index when something is queued that
explains that action.  The two actions -- reclassification and
publication-- ought to be largely independent.   Or is this
another example of the triumph of procedure over good sense?

    john