Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ok. But let me clarify my question. I was specifically after "running
> code" that
> has worked well in some case, and not so much specific new text. (Running
> code would show that at least some open source project was OK with the
> license and that at least some specific set of company lawyers were OK with
> making such a license.)

Oh, I see.  As far as company lawyers, I can think of RedHat's patent
policy:

http://www.redhat.com/legal/patent_policy.html

I realize that this is not a 'Patent License' but rather a 'Promise
not to enforce', but the end result for free software developers is
the same, I think.

I do not know which patents RedHat owns or whether there is any free
software that depends on this promise, though.

/Simon