Re: Protest: Complexity running rampant

On 2/19/07, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

For the record, I would have no problems with Informational or
Experimental publication of this collection -- it is the
proposed decision to standardize that bothers me.

Exactly.   Under no circumstances should it ever be OK to use IETF
reputational leverage to pressure someone to use something as (to be
charitable) unproven as this.

-Tim