Minutes and jabber logs

Hi,

I would not like to see raw jabber logs included as part of the
minutes. The signal-to-noise ratio is way too low in many meetings.

Jabber logs written by a scribe do not do a good job representing the
body language and the nuances of speech that may be important to
really understand what a person said. I would also be concerned that
there are side-discussions in jabber that are not relayed to the whole
room; including those side conversations as a reflection of what was
said in the meeting is simply misleading.

It is the chair's job to provide a summary of the meeting for the
mailing list to see what was discussed and "decided". I do not think
the chair should be allowed to evade this responsibility by simply
posting a quick summary and the raw jabber logs to the mailing list as
the official minutes.

David Harrington
dharrington@xxxxxxxxxx
dbharrington@xxxxxxxxxxx