Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

> Perhaps one option would be if each WG maintained a problem-statement
> and rationale draft. This could reference the documents that provided
> the solutions to the problems found, and act as an overview to
> outsiders of the WG's previously discarded arguments, etc, as well as
> how they see the specifications used in practise.
>
> This would act in part as Keith's "requirements document", and also
> act as a lure for external (to the WG, at least) reviewers.

please note: I am _not_ a proponent of requirements documents.  I think
WGs need to define their problems and refine their scopes beyond that
stated in their charters, write down their design goals, and perhaps to
try to characterize design tradeoffs.    A few of those design goals
thus identified might qualify as hard-and-fast requirements.  But
asking WGs to state things in terms of requirements is tantamount to
asking them to make those design tradeoffs before they are understood.

Keith