Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On 25-jun-2006, at 6:18, Keith Moore wrote:
>
> > Trouble is, in our current process, there's rarely any formal request
> > for feedback, and little external visibility of a WG's output, until
> > Last Call.
>
> But I see your point. When I first attended an IETF meeting I was
> surprised to see how inward looking wgs are. There is very little, if
> any, effort to present what the working group is doing to people outside
> of the wg.

I guess that if people are interested in the WG then they will
participate, or at least read the drafts as they come up in the i-d
announcement list. You can't force volunteers to take an interest.

Perhaps requirements documents should be more like rationale documents:
"we chose to solve this problem in this way because of this"...

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: SOUTH VEERING SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN NORTH.