Re: Best practice for data encoding?

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

>> in your original question to the list, you didn't quite make clear
>> that your question was with respect to BGP-style transfer of large-
>> scale routing information.

> I didn't want to limit the scope of the discussion to one particular
> type of protocol.

Could you stop this abstract nonsense, then?

Many old protocols designed for old, slow computers such as
telnet/ftp/smtp, does use text. Their replies are structured
text mostly with 3 digits. That is, properly designed text
based protocols are fine. Note that all you need is EBNF, not
XML.

						Masataka Ohta