Re: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?

I tried this in my secdir review, for instance suggesting that perhaps PANA-IPsec should be limited to IKEv2 and 4301 and people had different opinions ranging from 'not sure about forcing IKEv2 on PANA' to 'there wouldn't be any differentiator to PANA' (they are not quotes; I am paraphrasing), and so really didn't find a consensus to make any recommendations.

In the end though, I think perhaps publishing PANA documents after the necessary clean-up as experimental and informational RFCs is the right way to go about it. There is a long of line of WGs where this has happened and some of those documents have eventually come back into standards track.

best regards,
Lakshminath