Re: [narten@xxxxxxxxxx: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

> Keith Moore wrote:
> > I agree with Christian.  we can build indirection into the routing
> > infrastructure.   it's probably the right way to go.
>
> One could argue that we already have. It's called MPLS...

sort of.  MPLS with globally-scoped tags,  and a database of
coarse (think subnet sized) identifer to locator mappings that is
distributed via BGP.  border routers look at the destination host
identifier, find the set of locators that correspond to it, and pick
the best locator given current routing conditions.