Re: Proposal for keeping "free speech" but limitting the nuisance to the working group (Was: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin)

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>>> A practice I used when I was diffserv chair and we had quite a lot
>>> of off-topic postings was to create a second list, diffserv-interest
>>> (which still exists BTW). The rule for diffserv@xxxxxxxx was "must
>>> be relevant to a chartered work item" and the rule for diffserv-interest
>>> was "must be relevant to diffserv technology."

>> Though I never participated in diffserv WG activities, which was
>> chartered wrongly from the beginning,

> As a matter of fact, I believe that the insistence of the ADs
> involved on a very tightly drawn charter was the main reason that
> the WG succeeded.

As your measure of success is not in technology but in progressing
standardization process, you say the WG succeeded.

>>> People only interested
>>> in the standards work simply ignored the -interest list.

>> They ignored the -interest list and the technology.

> Are you referring to the many vendors that implemented
> it, or the many enterprises that have deployed it?

I'm referring to relatively small number of enterprises that
have depoyed it.

						Masataka Ohta