Re: Proposal for keeping "free speech" but limitting the nuisance to the working group (Was: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin)

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> A practice I used when I was diffserv chair and we had quite a lot
> of off-topic postings was to create a second list, diffserv-interest
> (which still exists BTW). The rule for diffserv@xxxxxxxx was "must
> be relevant to a chartered work item" and the rule for diffserv-interest
> was "must be relevant to diffserv technology."

Though I never participated in diffserv WG activities, which was
chartered wrongly from the beginning, your chairing strategy
explains why the result of the WG is technically meaningless.

> People only interested
> in the standards work simply ignored the -interest list.

They ignored the -interest list and the technology.

							Masataka Ohta