Re: Location Types Registry

Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:

> i got the impression that some folks had very specific
> suggestions already in mind in order to provide constructive
> feedback.

One potentially constructive idea I had was to enumerate the
locations.  If the location registry has say 256 slots it's
obvious that it's a resource not designed to get thousands of
entries in various languages.

>> "Expert review" is essentially a filter protecting IANA from
>> some really bad ideas, but it's also an exercise in TINSTAAFL
>> - set up mailing list, appoint reviewer, handle appeals, etc.

> do you think expert review is ok? (just to understand you right

Not sure.  You'd need rules to update entries e.g. for a better
explantion, maybe ways to remove or at least deprecate entries,
and a justification why the registration request "wyoming" for
a fictional location - if I recall that example correctly - is
bogus.

> i thought about the Geopriv working group or its designated
> successor.

Okay, so you have the volunteers for expert review, one problem
solved.  Makes me still wonder why "an entity" - I assume that
could be something I carry with me - should be so indiscreet as
telling that it's now in the "cafe" of a "jail" in an "airport"
or other obscure locations.  That's nobody's business but mine.

                             Bye, Frank