AW: Location Types Registry

hi frank,

> Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:
>
> > The values listed in the "Location Types Registry" document
> > are not displayed to the user. As such, we don't cover
> > internationalization support.
>
> That wasn't clear from the draft under discussion.  It should
> get some "I18N considerations" explaining why that's no issue.

we will reflect this aspect.

> > If there are better definitions please let us know.
>
> Maybe the WiKi dictionary has a category "location" (?)

i search for a while and found interesting pages but unfortuately not
related to this topic.

i got the impression that some folks had very specific suggestions
already in mind in order to provide constructive feedback.

> > We thought that FCFS would be an acceptable policy. Some
> > people had a different view about it.
>
> Not limited to registration request DoS attacks on IANA, yes.
>
> > Fine. I have no problems changing it to expert review.
>
> Where do you expect to find volunteers for an expert review
> of a location dictionary ?  From two "expert review" lists I
> know (langtags and charsets) one works at the moment, I'm
> not sure about the other.
>
> "Expert review" is essentially a filter protecting IANA from
> some really bad ideas, but it's also an exercise in TINSTAAFL
> - set up mailing list, appoint reviewer, handle appeals, etc.
do you think expert review is ok? (just to understand you right)

i thought about the Geopriv working group or its designated successor.

ciao
hannes