Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

In <Pine.LNX.4.62.0512090426220.6721@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> "william(at)elan.net" <william@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> However SID drafts are going for EXPERIMENTAL status and are NOT purely
> documentation of running code but rather IETF sanctioned internet-wide
> experiment with possible intention to move to standard if experiment
> is successful. In my view, in this case approving experiment with known
> bad behavior or that is non-compliant with existing standards makes more
> harm them good for IETF.

Indeed, I fail to see the point of running an experiment when it is
known that the algorithm will have to be changed in an incompatible
way before it can advance to the standard track.

Isn't the time to fix the problem now?  Before the experiment is run?

-wayne