Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

At 13:32 02/12/2005, Masataka Ohta wrote:
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> To do so this group "uses the English
> language for its work is because of its utility for working in a global
> context.". This is an old religion. ASCII is part of it. From the very
> beginning.

I'm tired of this kind of fallacy.
ASCII is not English.
A charset is not tied to some content language.

I am also fed-up with this kind of logic violation. Read the RFC and read my mail!

English language is selected by the IETF.
English is tied to ASCII.
This is one of its leading advantage: to support information interchanges with the most limited charset.

To read into this anything else, and in particular that ASCII would be limited to English is absurd or baised.
jfc