Re: Update: IETF Trust Consensus Call

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 04:28:50AM -0500,
 John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 113 lines which said:

> The IAOC has concluded that this trust arrangement is, on balance in
> the best interests of the community.

> But, unless I misunderstand the situation, asking that the veto
> provisions simply be removed is, in essence, a request that the
> whole plan be thrown away and alternatives considered.

Am I right in thinking, from your message, that there is no
alternative and, since CNRI has its hands solidly locked over IETF
intellectual property, the current Trust proposal, however lame it is
(I am myself very concerned with Schedule A, b) and c), which allow
CNRI to keep more or less what they want), is better than nothing?

(I believe it is what you said, expressed more shortly.)