Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - Other health risks

Hi -

Whether they are required or recommended for a given
country, and the form of documentation needed for them, can
depend on several factors, including the traveler's nationality,
where the traveler has recently been, where the traveler intends to
go in the destination country, the length of stay, and even the mode
of transportation into the destination country.  (These I've encountered;
there are probably lots more.)  It's unrealistic to expect someone to
work out a matrix for all the possibilities for every potential attendee.
Just like choosing an airline and getting a visa if needed, this task should
be left to individual participants and their physicians.  Furthermore, it
is a simple fact of travel in many parts of the world, and is hardly grounds
for eliminating a venure from consideration.  (A beer shortage, on
the other hand, might be.  :-)

Randy