Re: Reexamining premises (was Re: UN plans to take over our job!)

Michael Mealling writes:

> All very deployable and rather easy to build and setup...

So is the current system.  Why does it have to change?

> Well, given the origin of this thread, there are large numbers of
> users who consider the current system to be broken.

More specifically, there are certain entities that feel they don't
have enough control over the system.  They don't want a system in
which anyone can do anything, even if they don't approve of it
personally.  Freedom frightens them.

> And they have money and power so they're going to find a solution.

Translation: They have money and power so they are going to eliminate
freedom.

> The question is whether this organization is going to be involved in
> that answer or not. You can either sit back and feel smug about
> thinking your solution is right or you can address the perceived
> problems of the users and provide them with technical solutions to
> it....

I don't hear too many _users_ complaining about anything.  It's mainly
corporations and governments who want to control every bit that passes
over the Net.