RE: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 14:36, john.loughney@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If there was a way to lighten-up the IESG review process, then this
> would be a good idea. For example, having a single DISCUSS per Area
> would be one way to reduce this could be one solution.

Why do you think this would make any difference in practice?  chances
are that an AD-pair would agree to hold a DISCUSS if either felt that an
issue should block publication.

>From my point of view, a far greater source of delay is the
extraordinarily rapid change in the standards applied to documents by
the IESG; it seems that, if your document editor is very busy, by the
time a document is reworked to address one set of editorial standards, a
new requirement (leading to a new blocking DISCUSS) is likely to appear.

seems like we could avoid this sort of logrolling by judging a document
based on the rules published and in force at the time it was submitted
to the IESG.

					- Bill