Re: Was: DNSEXT Minutes @ IETF-63 [Software Patent issues denied discussion]

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Frank Ellermann wrote:

> Dave Crocker wrote:
>
> > I've lost track of the procedures for formally taking
> > exception to ad hominem attacks
>
> You have collected the related documents on this page:
> <http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html>
>
> Maybe add 3683 (BCP 83) to the collection, just in case.
>
> If something with the references in the SPF or SID RfCs
> is wrong I'm sure that the authors would like to know it.

The SPF/RMX credit problem was corrected, after a contentious debate, and
only after complaint to the main IETF list by Hadmut Danisch.

> But whatever that might be, this can't be your fault, by
> no stretch of imagination.

The SPF issue was not Dave Crocker's personal fault.  I raised the SPF
issue because it reflects a pattern of trying to shift credit where it
isn't due. Crocker's most recent attack on me, refusing to credit my
contributions to pragmatic compromise and cooperation are further evidence
of a pattern of behavior by Mr. Crocker and associates.

		--Dean

617 344 9000