Re: IETF64 hotel already full?

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Rob Evans wrote:
They must have set aside fewer rooms after the end of the meeting.

I'm pretty sure that is the case.  Last week I tried to book (via the
Internet) from the 5th until the 12th, but there were no rooms
available on the Friday night.  When I emailed the contact at the
hotel, she said she'd just added some more rooms to the block, but it
still didn't work for me (it all worked if I was to leave on the
11th).  I ended up booking the Marriott Pinnacle. :)

I'm sure the room block the hotel has for friday-saturday night is indeed much smaller, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that run out.

What puzzled me on the other hand why the room block size up to thursday and up to friday (10th and 11th) seemed to be different. Friday morning is supposed to be a real IETF day now..