Re: Additional appeal against publication of draft-lyon-senderid-* in regards to its recommended use of Resent- header fields in the way that is inconsistant with RFC2822

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Frank Ellermann wrote:

> > incompatible with RFC2822
>
> I'm still a bit lost how this could actually _break_ something.
> For obvious reasons the author can't say "updates 2822", how
> should he fix it ?  As you said the 822 issue is mentioned in
> the senderid-pra draft.

Regarding RFC 822, the S-ID draft doesn't mention the fact that a large
proportion of software which does something useful with Resent- headers
still implements the 822 syntax, not the 2822 syntax.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR