Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict

Go Mehwua wrote:

 [various sender policies]
> you can't make people look at them.

Yes.

> You can't tell them what to do when they read them.

Not quite.  You're of course free to look at "my" policy,
decide that you don't like its redirect=, and stop your
evaluation at this point.  If you really hate redirect=
you can also reject it:  "55x - I hate redirect="

What you can't do is to claim that the spec. tells you
to ignore (or reject) all redirect=  If you'd do this
it would be a lie, you'd be violating the specification.

Actually the same for _any_ specification, not limited
to SID / SPF / SSP / P3P / etc. - support it, ignore it,
break it as you see fit, your server, your rules.

The issue here with the first senderid appeal is that
it's _impossible_ for you to follow the SPF spec. and
the SID (PRA) spec. simultaneously if you want it.

The second senderid appeal is about a similar issue
(if I understood it correctly), it is _impossible_ for
you to follow RfC 2822 and SID (PRA) simultaneously.

                       Bye, Frank