Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option

At 17:10 27/06/2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your question. This is the IETF so
we take decisions by on line deliberation inside the IESG
just as much as any WG does, and the minutes or IESG announcements
are the public record. And this decision, and the formulation
of the response to IANA and the announcement, took a number
of weeks. We agreed apart from final wordsmithing in the May 26
meeting (agenda item 6.2).

Dear Brian,
what seems odd, is that during all these weeks Dr. Roberts has not been informed and able to come back with a definiton like "experimental private code points 0 to F" and document through a Draft the need to have the possibility of experimenting innovation?
jfc