Re: Voting (again)

>  Organizations rarely improve by having vague comments about abuse of power
>  tossed around.  If you are looking to improve the process I suggest that
>  you raise specific objections to specific actions.

Sam,

1.  Apparently you missed the extended, public exchanges about these issues,
over the last 3 years.  I am not suggesting anything new or different, merely
observing that we have done not one thing to attend to them.

2.  The pressures against citing specifics is extreme.  And the IESG/IAB get
predictably defensive. Those who take their specific concerns public are
roundly punished.  And, yes, that's another vague claim.  However note that
you chose to issue a public dismissal about my "vague language" rather than
actually pursue the matter through a constructive channel.  (No one who has
watched the IETF list for any amount of time would seriously suggest that this
is a reasonable forum for pursuing such details.)

>  I realize that sometimes your concern is not individual actions but a
>  concern about a trend or a perception of a trend.  In such cases I've
>  found that collecting examples together and pointing out that each example
>  taken individually is fine but that the trend is problematic.

We had an entire working group that expressed these concerns.

How quickly we forget.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker