Re: reduce jitter in routed network for voip applications

RTP is transparent at the transport layer. We analyse TCP and UDP:
TCP is connection oriented and so the communication begins with the
definition of a virtual circuit.
A virtual circuit is a temporary connection of sequence nodes with relative
reservation of bandwidth.
A connection oriented service gives the certainty that all information units
use the same nodes with a same medium latency.
Same latency maintains reduced the jitter.

UDP is connection less protocol and so routing and forwarding functions are
executed for any information unit in arrival to a node.
Information units with the same destination address can use different path
and so the latency can be different.
A variable delay increases the jitter.

I think that RTP should use a layer 4 connection oriented protocol (like
TCP) but without retransmissions of information units with excessive delay
or errors (like UDP).

What do you think about this?