Re: What? No PPT or wireless? [Re: IETF63 wireless]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Keith Moore wrote:
> > if we could get rid of wireless and powerpoint, we'd be much better off.
>
> meetings in the first place. The jabber scribing has become very
> important for remote participants - this time we even had one Area

The IETF Meeting crew should look at supplying an additional 3 ethernet
and power drops per room, labelled 'chair', 'presenter' and '(jabber)
scribe' with the expectation that they be used accordingly.  These
functions, IMHO, are too important to leave to the possible
failures/overloads of the wireless or laptop battery life.

( Actually, I'm surprised that these are either not there or are not
  advertised already; it really reduces the number of complaints about
  'the wireless failed in the middle of my presentation' )

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B