draft filenames (Was Re: MARID back from the grave?)

>  Date: 2005-02-25 22:14
>  From: Dave Crocker <dhc2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> in terms of naming, I think syntactically it reduces to:
>

>  I-D-Name    = Â"draft-" owner "-" category "=" title "-" version
>  owner     Â= Âauthor-name / "ietf"
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â; who retains change control
>
>  author-name  Â= { last name of first author }
>  category    = Âworking-group / topic
>
> Â working-group Â= { IETF working group }
>
>  topic     Â= { term under which I-D topic fits}
>
>  title     Â= { text specific to this I-D, to describe it }

No, because ABNF quoted strings denote case-insensitive matching,
whereas draft filenames are prohibited from containing upper-case
letters.  So you would need something like %x64.72.61.66.74
instead of "draft", %x69.65.74.66 instead of "ietf", and comments
about the upper-case prohibition regarding author names, etc.

Also, I believe that the "=" in the first line is a typo.

With the proposed restriction of characters to lower-case letters,
digits, and hyphen, there would probably have to be additional
commentary regarding author names (some of which contain accented
letters or use non-Latin scripts), topics, and titles.

Finally, version needs to be defined, e.g.:

   version        = 2DIGIT ; starting with 00