RE: Progressing Re: Progress report......

John writes:

... snip a lot ..

> I'd rather either
>
> 	* Fix the BCP to accommodate this case, i.e., to give
> 	the IAOC the authority to accept unsolicited,
> 	sole-source proposals for outsourced operations if that
> 	seems appropriate to them, even if those proposals do
> 	not fufill some of the principles of the BCP itself or
>
> 	* Bury the BCP, at least in its present form, until we
> 	are really ready to move forward with its provisions.
>
> The first of those options would, of course, respond to my
> question about how the community authorizes this type of deal:
> we examine the principles and give the IAOC the authority to do
> it.

It seems to me that we (as IETF community) have no formal control
at all over what CNRI/Fortec do. So why would we as a community
have (or need) any say over what CNRI/Neustar do?

All we need to do is that as soon as we have IASA in place (we
still need to approve the BCP first) that IASA then starts
to prepare for RFPs and such and then the process can start.
During that process, we are still subject to whatever
CNRI/Foretec/Neustar do, are we not?

Bert