Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

Harald explains

> >   Answered requests for review and their responses are made public.
> >
> > why not make public all requests (i.e. remove "Answered" from the
> > last line)
>
> because:
> 1) some requests are an embarassment to the sender, and the sender doesn't
> really want an answer

not sure that giving someone an additional way to embarrass themselves
(in addition to the existing public mailing lists) is all that much of
a negative in the face of a general desire for openness

> 2) anything that's got a requirement to "do something" is a DoS vector,
> even if trivial - so I bent over backwards to prevent that.

you seem to be more bendable than I am :-) - I don't see that a public
archive for the request submission list would be all that big a deal to do

Harald (again) asks
> I still don't understand how not setting expectations opens to a DoS attack
> - setting expectations would be such an opening.
>
> Want to try to explain?

(again) for example, if the looser in a RFP process feels that they can
get the decision overturned and a particular IASA does not have a strong
assumption that this is outside the scope the IASA could think it
could put the decision on hold (and block the delevery of a service
such as getting ready to provide networking at an IETF meeting) until
the review is done

but I repeate - I can live with the text as Harald proposes it

Scott