Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

--On onsdag, januar 19, 2005 07:21:40 -0500 Scott Bradner <sob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Answered requests for review and their responses are made public.

why not make public all requests (i.e. remove "Answered" from the
last line)

because:
1) some requests are an embarassment to the sender, and the sender doesn't really want an answer
2) anything that's got a requirement to "do something" is a DoS vector, even if trivial - so I bent over backwards to prevent that.

I still feel that this leaves things too open (specifically it does not
set expectations about the possible results of a review ) to a DoS
attack but as I said before I can live with this as-is.

I still don't understand how not setting expectations opens to a DoS attack - setting expectations would be such an opening.

Want to try to explain?