Re: Firing the IAOC (Re: Consensus search: #725 3.4b Appealing decisions)

Carl Malamud wrote:
The one thing that I agree sticks out is that the language of 3777 talks about firing *one* person - in the case where the group is dysfunctional, it may be better to take the group out, as you say.

I think if there is enough momentum to engage in these procedures, it won't
be hard to take them out one by one.  I think that's better than firing an
entire group.  Individual accountability is a good thing.

If we do the "take out the whole group" procedure, might as well have a similar procedure for the IESG and the IAB.

There aren't so many IAOC members. The group of 20 petitioners can easily send in simultaneous recall petitions for all of them. For that matter, the same is true of IAB and IESG recalls - a little cut and paste goes a long way. Actually, I think Carl is correct - a very slight tweak to the wording of 3777 would allow it to apply to one or more people.

I don't presume that firing the whole committee is more likely than
firing one individual who is causing problems.

    Brian