RE: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

Bert,

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 16:46, ext Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> Scott reponds to Jonne:
> >
> > Jonne asks:
> > > would
> > > x.x Compensation for IOAC members
> > >         The IOAC members shall not receive any compensation (apart from
> > >         reimbursement of expenses) for their services as members of the
> > >         IOAC."
> > >
> > > do the trick then?
> >
> > works for me
> >
> personal opinion:
> Not for me. It seems to make it autotmatic that IAOC members DO receive
> reimbursement for expenses. I think I can live with the fact that thye
> may get it in special circumstances, but I do not like the idea
> that text suggests that it is normal to reimburse them.
>
> The current text in section 3, 1st para states
>
>    ....   The IAOC consists of volunteers, ....
>
> does that not say enough?

I don't think that is quite enough, IMHO. I think the fact that the IAOC
members are not to be payed for their services (no compensation for lost
free time) should be documented. I am (as my original proposal was not
to have the IAOC people reimbursed at all) sympathetic of the idea to
optimise the IASA funds by having reimbursements being rather an
exception than a rule. I just thought that many people were saying that
they for some reason would like the IAOC being treated a bit better than
the IESG/IAB...

Cheers,

Jonne.

> Bert