Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

> I admit that I maybe have too much a view point of someone working for a
> relatively large company.

not everyone does

> I try to approach this from a position where
> the IAOC itself does not become a significant cost for IASA.

I agree - see my note - I do not think that face to face meetings are
all that needed but might happen for special things

> However, as these are the people that are responsible for setting the
> budget and supervising the finances of the IASA and there is no real
> owner to control the expenses it would be clearer to have the IAOC
> members being responsible for their own expenses.

that limits who can be on the IAOC to people who can afford it not to
those who would do the best job

> If we would decide to reimburse traveling I think we cannot make the
> distinction between meetings co-located with IETF or not. There will
> always be people to argue that they wouldn't or couldn't come to the
> IETF and travel to IAOC meetings during the IETF should also be
> reimbursed.

I disagree - I do not think we should easily have people who do not
come to the IETF on the IAOC deciding what is good for the IETF

Scott