Re: Consensus? #746 Section 3.4 - IAOC decision making

--On Wednesday, 22 December, 2004 15:50 -0500 avri@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In general I like this formulation with the following comments:
>
> editorial:  'non-conflicted' bothers me as a term.   I
> recommend something like
>
>    ... a majority of the IAOC who are available and who do not
> need to recuse themselves from the vote.  IAOC votes can be
> taken in person, by teleconference, or by email.

I was trying to write in shorthand.  I prefer your choice of
words.

> As for the <condition> I would recommend using a quorum rule.
> e.g. a majority of members.

That would be my instinct as well, just because it is simple.
I mentioned the other possibility only because someone had
expressed concern about a decision being made that didn't
involve approval of any of  the IETF leadership.  If that
concerned others to a sufficient degree, my point was that it
wouldn't be hard to write a rule that would significantly reduce
the perceived risk.

   john